Move the pivot point of light table

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Mads Juul

Re: Move the pivot point of light table

Post by Mads Juul »

Peter Wassink wrote:
Elodie wrote:Not possible : what if you animate a fly that becomes a giant dinosaur ? Too complex to develop unfortunately.
actually its the same thing as with the animation Disk.

you'd have to make sure the Transform UI always stays in the middle of the screen.

Please look at the animdisk, this also rotates around the point of the project that happens to be center screen.
and the UI is always the same size relative to the screen, even if you are extremely zoomed in, you still get to see the whole animation disk.

thats it.
We want the same for the lightable :mrgreen:
+1
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
maara_p

Re: Move the pivot point of light table

Post by maara_p »

+1

Sorry if there is a conclusion to this somewhere else, I didn't see it.

I read this would be too difficult to develop but I don't understand why. I can imagine it could work like a temporary shift of this pivot just for immediate transformation like this:
1) You move the pivot of the "out of pegs" transformation (let's call this a Temporary Pivot) *
2) You do your rotation + other transformations comfortably around this pivot
3) Press Enter (or move to another drawing by clicking the "O")
4) The transformations you made using the Temporary Pivot get translated to the values related to the original pivot
5) The Temporary Pivot is forgotten

* Placing the Temporary Pivot:
I guess most comfortable would be to have a button to enable you to place the pivot by a single click anywhere in your view. But the idea of someone else here to have it appear always in the middle of your view by default is quite intuitive and maybe better, then you would be able to click and drag it elsewhere. Anyway chosing the way to move the pivot is probably not the hardest part of implementing this..

I'm always thinking being able to move this pivot would make my life much easier as I'm using "out of pegs" a lot and it's not very user friendly to always have to zoom out to find the rotation handler. So much so, that most often dragging the angle numerical value is more comfortable than that (and it is not very comfortable).

Please consider implementing this. ♥

PS: offtopic: an easier alternative improvement of the "out of pegs" transformation UI would be putting the rotation handle closer to the original pivot, this would save people like me some zooming out too