Simpler way to bring in images to TV Paint

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
garthlaidlaw

Simpler way to bring in images to TV Paint

Post by garthlaidlaw »

Hi there,

I know that there are a number of ways to bring images into a document, but I was hoping the most recent update would have finally solved a simple Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V scenario — it has not.

I'm not sure why this is difficult to implement? It seems so much easier to simply be able to copy any outside image to the current layer / frame using these universal copying and pasting hotkeys. I really hope to see this simple feature brought in.

Thanks!

Garth
garthlaidlaw

Re: Simpler way to bring in images to TV Paint

Post by garthlaidlaw »

I see that there is Ctrl + Shift +V but it really doesn't function as I want. Just paste to current layer, current frame, and don't crop image as Ctrl + Shift + V does.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

i made a custom panel button to import the clipboard as a custombrush
Set Keystroke: Clipboard: Paste brush

this way you get any image that you copied anywhere else and have it instantly at your cusrsor in TVP to scale/rotate put down anyway you like
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Peter Wassink wrote: 06 Jun 2023, 10:48 i made a custom panel button to import the clipboard as a custombrush
Set Keystroke: Clipboard: Paste brush

this way you get any image that you copied anywhere else and have it instantly at your cusrsor in TVP to scale/rotate put down anyway you like
This works well. Thanks. I added a shortcut button for Clipboard: Paste Brush to the Misc Tools tab in the Handy Panel.

Standard keyboard shortcut for Clipboard: Paste Brush is CMD ALT V . I tried to set CutBrush: Scale to CMD ALT S , but it would not work. When I set CutBrush: Scale to a different keyboard shortcut it works. Strange. None of the various CMD+ALT+ ____ shortcuts work for CutBrush:Scale.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1