Rotating the workspace.

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Mark Borok

Rotating the workspace.

Post by Mark Borok »

I couldn't find this in the manual, so I'm assuming it's not a feature of the software; what I'm looking for is a way to activate the rotation tool temporarily by holding down a key, rotating the workspace and letting go the key to switch back to your drawing tool. This works in all the other applications that allow you to rotate your workspace as you draw (Painter and Toonboom, specifically), and it's a lot more convenient than having to click on a button each time. Is there a way to do this? I'm using version 8, by the way.
Peter Wassink

Re: Rotating the workspace.

Post by Peter Wassink »

i believe the right hand Alt button does what you are asking here. (if i understand you correct)
The insert key makes the project snap back straight again.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
guitartist

Post by guitartist »

I rotate my canvas by pressing on Control+alt, although I'm not sure if that's a default shortcut or one that I set myself. When I release, I get back to my drawing tool. I couldn't find a default reset key so I assigned Shift+C, which I think may be similar to ToonBoom.
Mark Borok

Post by Mark Borok »

Thanks! I thought I had tried every combination, but now I see that you need to wait a bit after pressing ctrl-alt/ctrl-opt before it takes effect.

I'll have to look up how to assign custom shortcuts now. It wasn't under preferences. As a right-handed person, I find it difficult to flip back and forth through drawings by using the arrow keys, which are on the right side of the keyboard.

Thanks again.
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

Mark Borok wrote: As a right-handed person, I find it difficult to flip back and forth through drawings by using the arrow keys, which are on the right side of the keyboard.

Thanks again.
For that reason I (right-hander) keep my keyboard far to the left of my tablet and let my left hand rest near the number pad. And almost all my shortcut keys are to the right of the big Enter key, except a few that I've had so long on the left of the keyboard I could find them in my sleep.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Mark Borok wrote:Thanks! I thought I had tried every combination, but now I see that you need to wait a bit after pressing ctrl-alt/ctrl-opt before it takes effect.

I'll have to look up how to assign custom shortcuts now. It wasn't under preferences. As a right-handed person, I find it difficult to flip back and forth through drawings by using the arrow keys, which are on the right side of the keyboard.

Thanks again.
instead of advancing frames (as the arrow keys do now) you might want to consider assigning your new designated 'flipping' to advance exposures.
for this choose in the key assign panel (CTRL-k):
<- Layer: Exposure: previous
-> Layer: Exposure: next

this way you skip the doubles and holds, this makes working on already timed animation much simpler and more direct
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

!

(read: I should have thought of something that simple myself. Maybe I should better get back to elementary school.)
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
meslin

Post by meslin »

I have a microsoft intellimouse explorer with a couple of extra side buttons on it, which I've assigned to CTRL and SHIFT in the windows mouse control panel.
In TVPaint, I set next image and previous image to mouse wheel up & down.
I set next exposure and prev. exposure to ctrl + wheel up & down.
I set next bookmark and prev bookmark to shift + wheel up & down.
and then I set the pressing of the mouse wheel to toggling bookmarks.

This works awesome--I really recommend it!
lemec

Post by lemec »

I use a Sony PS2 Dualshock Controller with GlovePIE to handle most of my key mappings:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3449&hl=en
(Win7x64, TVP Pro 11 32-bit)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

lemec wrote:I use a Sony PS2 Dualshock Controller with GlovePIE to handle most of my key mappings:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3449&hl=en
Not enough with your wiimote ? :wink:

wow :shock:
Fabrice Debarge
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I love it :mrgreen:

I'm sure you'll create a helmet to interact with TVP only with your mind. =D
lemec

Post by lemec »

Well, Neurosky and Emotiv are already working on EEG headsets that can perform some rudimentary thought-reading...
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

!@§è$* !!! (I've censured myself XD)

I've heard too that Square-Enix was creating a video game (about killing zombies or something like that) with a headset... So fascinating, isn't it ?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Elodie wrote:I've heard too that Square-Enix was creating a video game (about killing zombies or something like that) with a headset.
This will only interest me if it's a force-feedback-helmet. Zombies do eat brains, don't they? I wonder how they create that effect.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
lemec

Post by lemec »

slowtiger wrote:
Elodie wrote:I've heard too that Square-Enix was creating a video game (about killing zombies or something like that) with a headset.
This will only interest me if it's a force-feedback-helmet. Zombies do eat brains, don't they? I wonder how they create that effect.
All they need are a few vibration motors (and maybe solenoid actuators) to reverberate the cranium-crunching... It'd be great for any wargames where someone scores a headshot on ya...