How to work with Digital Juice CTK's in TV Paint PRO

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Paris Fox

How to work with Digital Juice CTK's in TV Paint PRO

Post by Paris Fox »

Hi TV Paint users,

I have both of the Compositor toolkits from Digital Juice and want to work with them in TV Paint Animation PRO. I would like to use them as composited elements over live video. What is the best and easiest way to extract the AlPHA from these elements so I might use them with the Keyframer?

Thank you for your thoughts and advice?
Fabrice

Re: How to work with Digital Juice CTK's in TV Paint PRO

Post by Fabrice »

Paris Fox wrote:Hi TV Paint users,

I have both of the Compositor toolkits from Digital Juice and want to work with them in TV Paint Animation PRO. I would like to use them as composited elements over live video. What is the best and easiest way to extract the AlPHA from these elements so I might use them with the Keyframer?

Thank you for your thoughts and advice?
Hi Paris,

I don't know if those videos comes with an existing alpha. If not, you can use the keyers FX to remove the colors you don't need.
Fabrice Debarge
JohnArtbox

Post by JohnArtbox »

from what I read the Compositor's toolkits come with matte animations. You can combine these by using the matte video on one layer as a stencil and the compositing the colour video on a new layer with the stencil active to combine the alpha and colour channels.
Paris Fox

Post by Paris Fox »

Thank you John and Fabrice for your excellent answers. Yes, a Matte layer comes with the Digital Juice Compositors toolkit. I have never trued the mattes, woudl I import them one at a time into TV paint? So you are saying I can use TV Paint PRO to extract the black layer only leaving the element for further movement with the keyframer. I would not have to use one of the keyers but this process of stencil instead. I would use the Matte layer to extract and then more easily combine the color video layer with the Matte layer to make my extracted anim brush. Using this stencil, is it like the keyer buy easier?

Thanks again!
JohnArtbox

Post by JohnArtbox »

Using the matte to generate the alpha/key is fast and decision free. You're trusting that Digital Juice have done a good job with the matte roll, but if they have it's a very simple fast process. Keying within tvpaint will take a little longer and you will need to experiment for the best settings, but on the plus side you'll be able to tailor the key to the result that you want.