New TVPaint website !

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Elodie

New TVPaint website !

Post by Elodie »

To celebrate the New Year and the 20th Anniversary of the TVPaint technology, TVPaint Développement is glad to present you with a new website: clearer, more intuitive and more informative (with solutions fulfilling your needs, new FAQs to answer your questions, etc...).

Here is the link : http://www.tvpaint.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Byron

Re: New TVPaint website !

Post by Byron »

Wow. Looks great. I love the light table/Cintiq graphic in the header. Sums up TVP perfectly! :D
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Glad to see you appreciate it :D
meslin

Post by meslin »

Looks great!
I have one comment that I think could enhance the impression that first-time visitors might get from TVPaint--the animated GIF on the front page needs to be re-compressed so that the color dithering is not so obvious. The "try it" and "buy it" buttons would look better without the swimming dots, and the harsh right edge of the TVP logo is distracting. The animation itself is great, and I think that it's important that it be presented in the most professional way possible. I'd hate to think that people assume TVP works in 256 colors, or necessarily generates dithered outputs.
I'd never be so picky with anything except the front page image!
I love the colors, always.

Hope I didn't annoy/offend,
David
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

In fact, we had to compress some .gif in order to be sure they won't be too heavy on the website.

We're looking for a solution to display the banners, without losing quality and without having heavy files =)
Satrip

Post by Satrip »

Why not use HTML5 video for some great animated banners ?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Well, I don't care much about video banners, as long as the website doesn't scale down nicely - the design needs a browser window 1240 px wide, which is quite too much, otherwise it wouldn't display all content. (Yes, I'm an old school web designer.)
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

slowtiger wrote:Well, I don't care much about video banners, as long as the website doesn't scale down nicely - the design needs a browser window 1240 px wide, which is quite too much, otherwise it wouldn't display all content. (Yes, I'm an old school web designer.)
but would there be many (potential)TVP users browsing on monitors narrower then 1240?

i don't like sites that stay so narrow that they only cover one third of my monitor, leaving huge empty spaces on both sides.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Lots of people don't maximise their browser windows, especially those who work on computers all day long with several programs open simultaneously. In any case a well-designed website shouldn't use a fixed layout but one which scales with the window.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Satrip wrote:Why not use HTML5 video for some great animated banners ?
We thought about it, but it needs to completely re-write the website's code, and it would be really really long (we're working on the website since August !).

Moreover, we are not sure HTML 5 is perfectly supported by all the web navigator... I mean, it's a really new language, so we prefer to be prudent. Don't forget our website is our only store =)