Installing Mirage on a newer computer

You got a problem with Mirage or Aura ? Tell us here.
trubalcava

Installing Mirage on a newer computer

Post by trubalcava »

Hi,

I have a Mirage license that I have been using on a Powerbook G4 since 2005. It has been a work horse and I have done a lot of good work with it. I recently bought a slightly used G5 Dual 2 GHZ (not intel dual core) with OS 10.4.11 (same as the laptop) and I wanted to install Mirage on it, hoping for faster processing power. The installation of the software is successful, however the Sentinel Driver1.0.0.1 installation fails. With out it my Dongle won't be recognized. I can't run Mirage at all, it freezes for a long time and then the registration dialogue appears where I will input my unlock code (which it won't recognize) and then goes into the Demo mode. Even then when I click 'ok', the program suddenly closes.

I hope I haven't repeated a typical question. I did do a search on this, but didn't find anything similar. Any thoughts or solutions?

Thanks,
Tom
Elodie

Re: Installing Mirage on a newer computer

Post by Elodie »

Did you think to update the sentinel drivers... ?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Get the newest sentinel driver, install it _without_ the dongle plugged in, then reboot. Everything should work fine now - it's the same hardware that I use, starting with Mirage as well.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
trubalcava

Post by trubalcava »

Thank you both. Updating both Sentinel and Eve3 .frameworks seemed to do the trick!

Happy animating.
Tom