Re: Tutorials please?

Post by Vent.sauvage »

Hello Terrence,

This tutorial is very interesting, i like it . :wink:

PS: thank you for your E-mail :D
artfx

Post by artfx »

Thank you very much. I am really glad you like the tutorial. I would be happy to see any animations you create while going through it. Feel free to email me anytime.
Terrence Walker
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
MacOS Monterey Version 12.6.2
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

artfx wrote:Thank you very much. I am really glad you like the tutorial. I would be happy to see any animations you create while going through it. Feel free to email me anytime.
I also want to add a recommendation for Terrence's Particle Magic TVPaint tutorial . I'm very glad I purchased this tutorial.
artfx

Post by artfx »

D.T. Nethery wrote: I also want to add a recommendation for Terrence's Particle Magic TVPaint tutorial . I'm very glad I purchased this tutorial.
Thank you very much for the recommendation. I really appreciate that. I hope to start doing some more TVPaint tutorials in the near future.
Terrence Walker
crayon10

Post by crayon10 »

Not sure if this thread is dead but I have an idea about funding TVpaint tutorials, Kickstart. This could be the prefect solution to the funding of a tutorial series. The minimum buy in would be the cost of the Blu-ray series, lets say $40 to $60 dollars.
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

This does seem to be a dead end. There has been no attempt except in lip service to alievate this sparcety of tutorials. Perhaps as time passes this will all be a moot question........................
artfx

Post by artfx »

ingie01 wrote:This does seem to be a dead end. There has been no attempt except in lip service to alievate this sparcety of tutorials. Perhaps as time passes this will all be a moot question........................
What exactly are users looking for in the way of Tutorials? My Final Independent Animation Training covers a lot of aspects of using TVP to create your own animation. As mentioned elsewhere, my TVPaint Particle Magic has hours of video just on the particle system. From what I have seen, the tutorials right here on this site cover a lot as well. If I had a better idea what users desire to see, I'd be happy to create more TVP tutorials.
Terrence Walker
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

artfx and all,
I purchased two videos from your series and found them beautifully done and with plenty of info. I would like to have the tvP manual with each chapter done with a small/short video to illustrate the concept of the chapter. It is a big request, just my take on my own needs.
(Terrance, how do I contact you about an expired download?)
Last edited by ingie01 on 05 Mar 2012, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

ingie01 wrote:I would like to have the tvP manual with each chapter done with a small/short video to illustrate the concept of the chapter.
That's a lot of video to produce, no question about that! IMHO, you'll learn more just by using the software, trying stuff out and asking questions when you get stuck.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
artfx

Post by artfx »

ingie01 wrote:artfx and all,
I purchased two videos from your series and found them beautifully done and with plenty of info. I would like to have the tvP manual with each chapter done with a small/short video to illustrate the concept of the chapter. It is a big request, just my take on my own needs.
(Terrance, how do I contact you about an expired download?)
I sent you an email about the download. As far as the manual, I actually haven't looked at it in ages. :D If there is enough need for a video on "the basics" I would be glad to do one, but again, there are a lot of tutorials right here on this site, if you click this button:
I haven't watched them all, but those I have seen are very well done and, I think, cover a lot of ground to get users up and running with TVPaint.
Terrence Walker
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Some new video tutorials especially made for TVPaint 10 are currently being prepared. stay tuned.
Fabrice Debarge
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

This is good news! I will be anxious to try them out............
artfx

Post by artfx »

I'd be curious to know if users are more interested in tutorials that are "project based", meaning it shows how to achieve a certain image, scene or animation, or those that are "tool based", meaning it gives a visual explanation of the various tools and what they do. I personally think project based tutorials are more useful. For example, you have a character turn around and say something, and the tutorial would show and explain all the tools and steps to get from zero to that completed scene.

Any thoughts?
Terrence Walker
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

I think both are good ideas for tutorials...
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

terrance, and all
I am a 70 yr old living on a very limited budget. Every penny available I spend on art related materials. I have no desire to become rich or famous through my art. Very seldom do I allow people to see my work due to my lack of money for presentation ( Framing, matting,etc.) tvPaint allows me to explore and experiment but now I would like to learn to achieve results using this program, the nuts and bolts,as it were. artfx provides great training but I can't afford it at this point in time. My physical health is another factor due to diabetes. I have limited attention span. This is why I prefer the tutorials done on video. Both tools and project based tuts are my preference. I also feel there are others in my boat as well.........The forum is one of the best I have experienced. Thanks for allowing me the space to cry in my beer.