Finally some competition for Wacom Cintiq, so it seems

To talk about anything else
Peter Wassink

Finally some competition for Wacom Cintiq, so it seems

Post by Peter Wassink »

http://frenden.tumblr.com/post/38693256 ... novamsp19u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bottom line? Is it perfect? No. Are Cintiqs? No.

The Cintiq 22HD costs $1999. It has a slightly laggier feel to drawing, but a higher resolution display and has programmable hotkeys. It’s heavy and cumbersome. At the time of writing, the Yiynova MSP19U costs $569. It has a superior drawing experience in terms of lag and cursor offset to my eye, but a lower quality display and no hotkeys. It’s light and easier to move around a desk or sit in your lap.

Even without the price disparity, I would opt for the MSP19U. Cursor lag was the single biggest complaint I could muster against the Cintiqs and I think the 19U is the winner there. How well it draws trumps how good the image looks for me every time.

But, price matters and we should talk about it. The 19U costs 72% less than the Cintiq 22HD and 77% less than the 24HD. Even if it were marginally worse in all regards – and I find it neither heads and shoulders above or below, simply different – it would still be a steal.

My 19U is now a permanent member of the household. I don’t plan on, or feel the need to, replace it with a Cintiq.

Wacom has genuine competition on both the tablet and tablet monitor fronts. Spread the word. Make them feel some heat. There’s no reason this technology should be so expensive. The underlying hardware has been largely stagnant for a decade with no real innovation.

At $569, and with performance that often meets or exceeds Wacom’s hardware, the MSP19U is more than a viable alternative. It’s the disruptive agent of change the industry needs.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
idragosani

Re: Finally some competition for Wacom Cintiq, so it seems

Post by idragosani »

The biggest complaint I have seen about these is that, like the original Cintiq, the surface is thick and there is a parallax issue because of this (since the tip of the stylus is a few millimeters from where it is drawing).
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Gochris1

Post by Gochris1 »

Peter:

Thanks for the tip!

Idragosani:

There is a a slight parallax issue. But you get used to it. I own a 22" Cintiq, and I barely notice any parallax.

The only problem I have had with the Cintiq is that the surface is a bit too smooth. Drawing on it doesn't feel like a pencil on paper. As you draw, there is no rough feeling of the pencil gliding over paper. To solve this problem, I took a large sheet of thin clear plastic and taped it over the Cintiq's drawing area. Now there is some friction as I draw on the Cintiq.

I agree with the person Peter quoted, the Cintiq is over priced. It took about 9 months to save up for one. I hope this Yiynova product works - I live in fear that my Cintiq will get damaged!

Gochris
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Gochris1 wrote: There is a a slight parallax issue. But you get used to it. I own a 22" Cintiq, and I barely notice any parallax.
I have a Cintiq, too (21UX), the newer ones don't have as much of an issue. The older ones had a thicker surface and the parallax issue was more pronounced. All of the reviews of this new device have compared it to the first-gen Cintiqs.

The 19" widescreen is appealing. The 22" seems too big, but 19" would be usable.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

Samsungとワコムが資本・業務提携(Sumsung Korea capitaled and Business Alliance with Wacom Japan )
 http://www.itmedia.co.jp/news/articles/ ... ws101.html (written in Japanese)

WACOM capitaled and Business Alliance with Samsung Electronics and Samsung Asia
 http://wacom.jp/data/en_ir_news/130130_ ... _final.pdf (PDF・written in English)
Near the future you will meet "Sumsung super galaxy Cintiq" *sigh*
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

For Wacom users this is big news! I've always wondered why Wacom never integrated their high end tablets with a computer.
You seem a bit disappointed in your comment, Ten Zero. Why is that, if I may ask?
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

what is the brand of this new tablet ?

We need to support their technology.
Fabrice Debarge
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

What do you mean, Fabrice? It's under a link in Peter's post: Yiynova MSP19U Tablet Monitor
Or do you mean the Samsung from Ten Zero's (off-topic) post?; there isn't one yet.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

Sewie wrote:For Wacom users this is big news! I've always wondered why Wacom never integrated their high end tablets with a computer.
You seem a bit disappointed in your comment, Ten Zero. Why is that, if I may ask?
It is required Japanese language why I felt 〝Wacom heeft zijn schepen achter zich verbrand〟.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Sewie wrote:Or do you mean the Samsung from Ten Zero's (off-topic) post?; there isn't one yet.
Yes, I assume he was talking about this one :)
stefanvermeulen

Post by stefanvermeulen »

Hi all,

anyone any experience with the yiyinova msp 19U in combination with TV-Paint?
Fabrice?
I understood that the tablet in combination with an extended screen on another monitor or laptop monitor f.i. doesn't work with some softwares.
How is it working with TV-paint on Mac vs PC? What about settings for pen sensitivity and so on?
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hello Stephan,
anyone any experience with the yiyinova msp 19U in combination with TV-Paint?
Fabrice?
Sorry, I haven't tested it at this time. Hardware providers are not easily giving us tablets for tests.

I understood that the tablet in combination with an extended screen on another monitor or laptop monitor f.i. doesn't work with some softwares.
How is it working with TV-paint on Mac vs PC? What about settings for pen sensitivity and so on?
It works with Wacom tablets, but I don't know for the the yiyinova msp 19U.
Fabrice Debarge
stefanvermeulen

Post by stefanvermeulen »

Thanks Fabrice,

I just asked because a friend of mine is considering buying a Yiynova Msp 19U to work on a short film he might do in TV Paint.

The people at Yiynova should consider indeed to send you a tablet to run some tests.
I'll truy to get in touch with them and suggest they do so. You never know :P

Anyone who has a chance to try out the TV Paint Yiynova msp 19 u combination, Please do keep us informed.

Stefan
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

I'll truy to get in touch with them and suggest they do so. You never know :P
yes, I hope it would work :)

A few years ago, the Hanvon guys never sent us any Sentip, so we still can not test their products.
http://www.hanvon.com/en/products/table ... entip.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(ok, maybe are they afraid of a real test by professionnals, but ... :( )
Fabrice Debarge
demats58

Post by demats58 »

Any news regarding Yiynova MSP19U TV-Paint compability?