impressive watercolor simulator

To talk about anything else
Peter Wassink

impressive watercolor simulator

Post by Peter Wassink »

Pretty impressive.
Although the process of working in this software is so elaborate and realistic that at one point you start to ask why not just work with the real stuff...
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
neonnoodle

Re: impressive watercolor simulator

Post by neonnoodle »

I am a veteran of digital watercolor simulation techniques, and have quite successfully marketed some watercolor plugins for Photoshop for the last several years. Peter, I am inclined to agree with you. When it comes to doing studies, fine art pieces, and other things done "for art's sake," I still use real watercolors.

However, I hear from my customers that they use my Photoshop brushes or other simulation techniques for fashion design, architectural rendering, digital comics, and other settings where you might have to make many adjustments before the final product is complete.

I've used Rebelle and find it very impressive! Many of the same high-level capabilities as Corel Painter, at a much lower price.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Wow, that's crazy :)
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I never seen such a convincing simulation of water colors before and I'm pretty impressed (in fact I just downloaded the demo to try it myself), BUT I can't understand why all these technique, knowledge and effort is still used to simulate an analogue technique instead of using it to create something completely new. Something like a digital style, which wouldn't be possible in the analog way.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
dogsma

Post by dogsma »

I am impressed.. I have never used Photoshop. Have only used TVP as my digital painting program for many years now. I have adjusted my brushes ,erasers, pencils and layers to get as close an effect as I can but without the water.
Sorry to say that I have never put to use the many effects in TVP because they are too digitally complicated for my simple use of color - process - relationship. But I am very comfortable with the elementary conditions I can create in TVP for our animation.
I am itchy to give this a try on my own time > whenever that time comes !
Sandra S. Fierlinger
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I don't think TVP is "bad" at watercolours. The inbuild brushes are nice, and I made some of my own especially for animation. Here's a BG from my recent project:
05_bg.jpg
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

Other way from Hong Kong,

Expresii public beta
Attention: required Nvidia Geforce 730-/ AMD Radeon 7730- / Intel HD5300-

The Software Architect by Dr. Nelson Chu who is main programmer of Microsoft "Fresh Paint".