Some observation about the tools

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
condepablo

Some observation about the tools

Post by condepablo »

Hi, happy star of 2020

I would like to share some ideas/observations about some tools:

1- the hability to modify Roudness and orientation to the pen brush.
brush.jpg
brush.jpg (95.78 KiB) Viewed 18433 times
I made a custom anim brush where the anim work as "roudness" been 1 flat and 100 a perfect circle:
Roudness.tvpx
(556.5 KiB) Downloaded 1045 times

2- it would be great if the transform tool and perspective tool will be merged into a single tool. so you can distort and scale at the same time. tvpaint its the only soft i know it has those two tools separate, and it not very comfortable.
transform tool.png
transform tool.png (12.68 KiB) Viewed 18433 times

3- about the color pannel: is there any way to keep the triangle of the chromatic wheel still? (like photoshop or clipstudio) it really complicates me work with the triangle always pointing to the color i choose. maybe there is a way to configure it but i didnt find anything about it.
wheel.png
wheel.png (31.22 KiB) Viewed 18433 times

4- it would be amazing if there was some warp tool abaible, i know the profesional version has a warp tool. but i mean the warp tool like the photoshop has. or at least some way to adapt the warp grid fx to the selection, that would be incredibly useful.
warp.jpg

i hope the software keeps upgrading, the timeline and the workflow in tvpaint is the best by far in comparison with all the others animation softwares i tried.
Svengali

Re: Some observation about the tools

Post by Svengali »

When using the perspective tool, click and drag anywhere except a control point to translate the perspective frame and its object.
Hold down the control key then click and drag anywhere except a control point to scale the perspective frame and its object.

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
condepablo

Post by condepablo »

Svengali wrote: 07 Jan 2020, 17:33 When using the perspective tool, click and drag anywhere except a control point to translate the perspective frame and its object.
Hold down the control key then click and drag anywhere except a control point to scale the perspective frame and its object.

Sven
thanks! i didnt know the hold down control to scale it. thats a step foward.
i tried adding shift or alt to see if I can rotate it but its not, that would be the full combination of both tools
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

condepablo wrote: 06 Jan 2020, 22:07
1- the hability to modify Roudness and orientation to the pen brush.
brush.jpg

I made a custom anim brush where the anim work as "roudness" been 1 flat and 100 a perfect circle: Roudness.tvpx
Yes, i agree this would be nice.
It is possible to work around by adjusting either the pencil or the airbrush:
tool-aspect.png
tool-aspect.png (25.42 KiB) Viewed 4111 times
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Svengali wrote: 07 Jan 2020, 17:33 When using the perspective tool, click and drag anywhere except a control point to translate the perspective frame and its object.

Sven
This is a handy trick to know.

This information should be added to the user manual, here: https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... erspective.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

condepablo wrote: 06 Jan 2020, 22:07
4- it would be amazing if there was some warp tool available. I know the professional version has a warp tool. but I mean the warp tool like Photoshop has. or at least some way to adapt the warp grid fx to the selection, that would be incredibly useful.
+1 .

To have a warp tool that has controls similar to the warp tool in Photoshop AND can also be Keyframed to animate a progressive warp would be a very welcome addition.

Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 9.15.05 AM.jpg

The current Warp tool in TVPaint Pro edition is actually a rather amazing tool (very flexible the way it allows you to bend and distort an image) but unfortunately it is not as useful for animation as it could be because it is unconnected to the FX Stack to be able to add keyframes to control the warp over time from frame to frame.

https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... sform-warp

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1