Using GEORGE command to "execute" a button

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
Svengali

Using GEORGE command to "execute" a button

Post by Svengali »

Many a time I've wanted a quick way to, in effect, press a Button (in a specific Custom Panel) from INSIDE a GEORGE script. For instance, choosing a stored AnimBrush from a menu of Buttons using a GEORGE script? Could be very handy because Buttons can invisibly contain and manage a lot of information, parameters and details that otherwise would be clumsy or obscure to particularize and build into a script.

Would such an ability be difficult to add to the GEORGE Command Set? Do the buttons have permanently assigned IDs? Is this similar to what happens with keystroke shortcut assignments that execute button action command lists?

Does having this capability make any sense? Any other scripters have an opinion or some method that can force GEORGE to already do some form of this?

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
NathanOtano

Re: Using GEORGE command to "execute" a button

Post by NathanOtano »

Reminds me of another discussion but maybe I'm wrong, but I agree that it would be a really powerfull add
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
spyderheart

Re: Using GEORGE command to "execute" a button

Post by spyderheart »

We picked this topic it apart a little bit over here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=11097
It would still be a dream to have that ability.
If one were EXTREMELY motivated they could probably hunt around in the ini files to pick out the particular button's commands...
David
--------------------------------------------------------
TVPaint 11.7 Standard
System: 64GB RAM // 3 TB SSD // Core i7 8700K // NVIDIA GTX 1080// Windows 10 Home