Some TVP 10 scripts don't work in TVP 11 Topic is solved

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
Svengali

Re: Some TVP 10 scripts don't work in TVP 11

Post by Svengali »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 04 Apr 2021, 21:10 The script works great in 11.5.1 ! The script works much faster for filling a character with a single color that using CTG as I had suggested in a previous post.
Thanks for testing it David. Not sure how useful it might be, but there it is. :)

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Joost

Post by Joost »

Svengali wrote: 04 Apr 2021, 18:49 This needs to be tested in 11.5, if someone has a few minutes. It seems to work for me in 11.0.10. 64bit.
Go to the line layer and press the New Fig Fill Button. The script is embedded.

NEW FIG FILL BUTTON
This New Fig Fill button is an update of the original FIG FILL button from years ago, but it specifically incorporates the adaption that Lukas posted back then. The updated features:
1. The color fill layer is automatically generated under the existing outline layer.
2. The color filled frames on the color layer are auto-generated beneath the Instances (head) frames of the line layer.
3. The entire color layer and frame-filling process (new fill layer and automatic instances with color) is immediately undo-able by pressing a single Ctrl-Z.

I have to say I was surprised anyone was still using this script from 2012, but I downloaded the Lukas version from the old thread to see what had been added, then updated the script to incorporate those tweaks in the new script I'm posting here.

sven
Thanks Sven!
I checked the script, but unfortunately it doesn't work over here....
It does make a new layer, and it creates color, but it seems like it's not "looking" at the line art layer, but a different one. Besides that I uses the B color instead of the A color (I remember that Lukas; script also did this, and I never understood why :D )
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Joost

Post by Joost »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 04 Apr 2021, 15:43 I also wonder if instead of Fill Inside (filled stroke) adding fill colors using CTG method may suit your purposes better ? (in TVPaint 10 , you might know CTG as "LazyBrush") . CTG fills are fast and precise. (*UPDATE: see my post below responding to Svengali's new version of his FigFill script. Svengali's script is faster for filling a character with a single color. The reason I mentioned CTG for doing the color fills was because I saw that a few of your sample frames had more than one color. )

https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... l-concepts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDjQNvbgzmw

The downside of using CTG layers is if you need to share the file with people who do not have TVPaint 11 PRO (for example TVPaint 11 Standard or TVPaint 10 Pro/Standard) then CTG layers will be invisible to them if you share your .tvpp file with them. The workaround is to duplicate the project , convert all CTG layers to regular ANIM layers, then you can share it with someone using TVPaint 11 Standard or TVPaint 10 Pro or Standard and they will be able to see the color fill layers when they open the file.

Convert_CTG_to_ANIM_layer.png
Back in the day I tried to use Lazy brush many times. But in the end it was slower for me than just using the script that Lukas gave me.
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Joost

Post by Joost »

Thanks Sven!
It does make a new layer, and it creates color, but it seems like it's not "looking" at the line art layer, but a different one. Besides that I uses the B color instead of the A color (I remember that Lukas; script also did this, and I never understood why :D )
[/quote]

But.... when I add the script to Lukas' button he gave me, it works!
Thank you so much! You saved my day :D
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Thanks Svengali!
  • Club Baboo
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.2
  • macOS Ventura 13.4.1 & Windows 10
  • Cintiq 27QHD
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Whatever works, huh?!

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Joost wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 08:32
Thanks Sven!
I'm puzzled that it doesn't work for you . For me it it does see the line art layer and fills it precisely ... with the B Pen color.
See screen capture movie attached. Mac OS 10.14 , TVPaint 11.5.1 .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdRabNwIsRQ

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Joost

Post by Joost »

Svengali wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 13:45 Whatever works, huh?!
The only problem using this script appears when I want to run it on two layers after each other.
They both work individually, however, using it the second time, it will delete the color layer I created the first time...

This doen's happen when I rename the layer before I run the scrip the second time.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Joost

Post by Joost »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 14:47
Joost wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 08:32
Thanks Sven!
I'm puzzled that it doesn't work for you . For me it it does see the line art layer and fills it precisely ... with the B Pen color.
See screen capture movie attached. Mac OS 10.14 , TVPaint 11.5.1 .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdRabNwIsRQ

Nope, with my (Mac Big Sur) setup it just adds an empty layer...
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Joost wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 14:52 The only problem using this script appears when I want to run it on two layers after each other.
They both work individually, however, using it the second time, it will delete the color layer I created the first time...

This doesn'r happen when I rename the layer before I run the script the second time.

Thanks
Ah. I made an assumption about what the problem was... and not knowing how you were using the script (for creating and filling multiple Kleur layers?). In the new script, I added a preliminary step which deliberately searches for ANY layer named Kleur and deletes all of them EVERY TIME before generating a new Kleur layer. If you could explain your workflow a little bit, I can tweak the script to offer you the option each time you run it to either (1) delete ALL Kleur layers or (2) to NOT delete any existing Kleur layers. :D

Or you can fix the script yourself by removing these lines from the embedded script (you can see how it loops through looking for any layer named "Kleur") and manage multiple Kleur layers yourself:

Code: Select all

LayerID = 0									// init LayerID
Counter = 0										// init counter
While CMP(LayerID,"none") == 0							// loop through all layers to find Kleur layers
	tv_LayerGetID Counter							// get LayerID
	LayerID = result
	tv_LayerInfo LayerID								// get LayerInfo
	parse result d d d LayerName d						// get Layer name
	IF CMP(LayerName,"Kleur")						// is this a Kleur layer?
		tv_LayerKill LayerID							// yes, so delete it but don't increment counter
	ELSE
		Counter = Counter + 1						// increment counter
	END
END
sven
Joost

Post by Joost »

The tool Lukas created is meant for making a "basic color paint layer". It copies the line art layer and makes a basic color layer underneath it. But the most important aspect: it first turns off all the other layers so that only the layer you want it affected.
It mostly used for colouring your animated line art, but I use it for everything. I also color my background layers with it. In most short I animate I use this tool multiple times.

Here is a screen capture of the full button.
Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 15.22.20.png
Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 15.22.20.png (47.84 KiB) Viewed 5714 times
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Joost

Post by Joost »

Svengali wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 15:15
Joost wrote: 05 Apr 2021, 14:52 The only problem using this script appears when I want to run it on two layers after each other.

This doesn'r happen when I rename the layer before I run the script the second time.

Thanks
Ah. I made an assumption about what the problem was... and not knowing how you were using the script (for creating and filling multiple Kleur layers?). In the new script, I added a preliminary step which deliberately searches for ANY layer named Kleur and deletes all of them EVERY TIME before generating a new Kleur layer. If you could explain your workflow a little bit, I can tweak the script to offer you the option each time you run it to either (1) delete ALL Kleur layers or (2) to NOT delete any existing Kleur layers. :D

Or you can fix the script yourself by removing these lines from the embedded script (you can see how it loops through looking for any layer named "Kleur") and manage multiple Kleur layers yourself:

Code: Select all

LayerID = 0									// init LayerID
Counter = 0										// init counter
While CMP(LayerID,"none") == 0							// loop through all layers to find Kleur layers
	tv_LayerGetID Counter							// get LayerID
	LayerID = result
	tv_LayerInfo LayerID								// get LayerInfo
	parse result d d d LayerName d						// get Layer name
	IF CMP(LayerName,"Kleur")						// is this a Kleur layer?
		tv_LayerKill LayerID							// yes, so delete it but don't increment counter
	ELSE
		Counter = Counter + 1						// increment counter
	END
END
sven
Deleting these lines worked!
Thanks!
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Welcome!

sven

p.s. Thanks too, to David for your help.
Joost

Post by Joost »

Hi Sven,

Two questions about this script:
-It doesn't work when the layer doesn't sart on frame 1. Do you know why this is and do you think there is a solution to this situation? (besides stretching every layer to frame 1)
-Do you think it's possible that a layer that is created by the script, has the same color group and post-behaviour as the layer that was copied?

I know I'm asking much. So if you don't have any time for it, don't bother. I'll figure something out myself :D
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Joost

Post by Joost »

I also checked the script on a different (windows) computer, and it was also not working well.

Again it didn't work when the layer doesn't start on frame 1. It only creates a layer, but it doesn't fill anything. And the layer is only one frame long...
And the script doesn't copy the layer group (label color), and the pre/post behaviour.

Any suggestion how to fix this?

Thanks!
TVP Pro 11.7.1