dmceachern

Re: macOS Monterey and TVPaint Animation 11 [UPDATE 15/11/2021]

Post by dmceachern »

Yay! Thanks so much for the update!
MBThomas

Re: macOS Monterey and TVPaint Animation 11

Post by MBThomas »

Thierry wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 13:25
MBThomas wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 21:34It's been 4 weeks since you posted about this. I'm going to take a wild guess and say us Mac users are NEVER going to get TVPaint back, are we?
There's really no need to be that dramatic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand, we have a fix for the issue!
You will need to download the software from your User Account, install it and it should be good.
Well, that settles that. Now my only problem is getting my Codemeter license renewed.
Greg K

Post by Greg K »

Confirmed. Downloaded the new version last night and its working fine on Monterey. Thank you for resolving the issue! I know these things could be a pain in the butt.

Note to people updating: The steps I used were
1. Unhost via web interface (just in case the Codemeter thing changes when you update it)
2. Quit Codemeter
3. Install new Codemeter Software that came with the new TVP install package
4. Install new version TVP
5. Rehost via web interface on the same device.
6. Launch TVP and animate away :)

NOTE: Upon first launch attempts by clicking the TVP icon, the program would just disappeared instantly. If this occurs, Right click on the icon in your applications folder and choose "open" from the drop down menu, this opens the application just fine and after it open for the first time then regular launching via simply clicking the icon works just fine. Hope this help for anyone struggling.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, in general only TVPaint needs to be updated to solve the Monterey situation, the Codemeter version used is still the same.
It has to be installed from the TVPaint install package, though, not from WIBU's website.
Probably a vampire
David_Fine

Post by David_Fine »

Installed new version of TVPaint on Monterey and it seemed to be working, but now is crashing repeatedly. Like even when I go to save my file, it just crashes. Re open and do almost anything and it crashes again. What do I do?
David Fine
iMac late 2014 3.5 GHz, 32GB RAM
Snowden Fine Animation Inc.
Vancouver, Canada
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

David_Fine wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 00:59 Installed new version of TVPaint on Monterey and it seemed to be working, but now is crashing repeatedly. Like even when I go to save my file, it just crashes. Re open and do almost anything and it crashes again. What do I do?
Do you have free disk space ?
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Hi David,

Can you try to reset your configuration?
Go to the Library (in the Finder, click on "Go", then hold the alt/option button and click on "Library"), delete the "tvp animation 11 pro" folder (make a copy of it beforehand, just in case).
Then start the software again.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
David_Fine

Post by David_Fine »

Hi Thierry,

Just before I do that, will I lose anything by deleting the config file? Just so I know. Also, I restarted my Mac and it seems to be not crashing anymore, so maybe it just resolved itself, but I do recall this happening once before and being advised the same thing about the config file.

Separately, another strange thing is happening. When I move from my screen in TVPaint to my iMac, when I go back to TVPaint, the pointer works, but the pen will not draw. It will work on menus, but nothing else on the screen. If I click on the pen "erase" button, it wakes the pen up and it works as normal until I go to the other screen. Thing is, this only happens in TVPaint, not Photoshop or any other application on the tablet screen. (I have an XP-Pen Artist 24 Pro).
David Fine
Vancouver, Canada
ChristopherC

Post by ChristopherC »

Just updated, heads up to anyone moving up to Monterey, the update removes the checkbox in applications to open in low resolution mode. If you were using that as a fix for lag problems with retina displays, there is still a work-around to enable low-res using terminal, this solution worked for me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments ... ?context=3
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Woah, I didn't know they removed that option :o
I will add your link to the original post, thanks Christopher!
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
David_Fine

Post by David_Fine »

Thierry wrote: 06 Dec 2021, 11:45 Hi David,

Can you try to reset your configuration?
Go to the Library (in the Finder, click on "Go", then hold the alt/option button and click on "Library"), delete the "tvp animation 11 pro" folder (make a copy of it beforehand, just in case).
Then start the software again.
I did that and it still keeps crashing as soon as I go to save the project. It does not get saved, so this is very worrying. Any other suggestions?
David Fine
Vancouver, Canada
David_Fine

Re: macOS Monterey and TVPaint Animation 11 [UPDATE 07/12/2021]

Post by David_Fine »

I've actually restarted the Mac as well and now it is not crashing. It seems to do this sometimes and the fix requires a restart.

A separate question: I have assigned V to Brush Free Resize, but it only works on custom brushes and not the normal pen tools. Why would that be? It always used to work on everything. Should I be using a different tool to free resize the brush?
David Fine
Vancouver, Canada
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello David, I just tried it on versions up to 11.0.8 and it doesn't seem to work with default brushes, maybe it is the"Tools Option: Change size" function you were looking for.
There is probably a good reason why the default brush shapes can't be altered, I will try to ask one of the devs.
Probably a vampire
David_Fine

Post by David_Fine »

Tried using the Tools Option Change Size. It appears to work, but actually does not. When I hit the assigned key (in my case, V) it shows the brush size by dragging option, but after doing it, it has not actually changed the brush size at all. I use this option all the time as typing or dragging the size with the numbers in the panel is awkward and not visual, so a lot slower and less accurate, so this is really hampering my use of TVPaint. Is there no other option to visually change a default tool brush size?

I hope this can be fixed. Please let me know. Thanks!
David Fine
Vancouver, Canada
Matthieu
Site Admin

Post by Matthieu »

Hello David,

I’ve just tried the Tools Option: Change size shortcut (macOS Monterey 12.0.1, TVPaint Animation 11.5.3) and it seems to be working fine on my end as I’m able to resize the default brushes.

Could you please tell me which macOS version is installed on your computer?