Set Exposure Value for a single instance

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
D.T. Nethery

Set Exposure Value for a single instance

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Hello, TVPaint friends,

I am now returning to actively using TVPaint after several months of a detour into the TB vector world. (also some ongoing stressful personal circumstances which have occupied my non-working hours for the past couple of years , a long , complicated situation I can not bear to discuss ... ) At any rate, it is good to be back and I hope to be more active on the TVPaint forum again.

Here is a small issue I noticed in my previous version of 11.5.3 from October 22, 2021 and I see is still present in the latest version of 11.5.3 from February 14, 2022 :

When I right-click on a single instance and want to extend it's exposure , the pop-up menu used to give me the option to Set Exposure Value . I could increase the single instance from 1 frame to whatever numerical value I typed into the Set Exposure pop-up . However, since version 11.5.3 Oct. 22, 2021 I noticed the function has changed a bit. Now when I right-click on a single instance the menu pops up , with Exposure at the top of the menu and under the Exposure menu are options for Repeat Images, Break Instance , Remove Instance , Set Exposure Value , but these are all inactivated (greyed out) if the instance is only a single frame. If I manually extend the instance's exposure to two frames , then right-click on it , the Exposure menu is now active. I would like to request that it go back to the previous behavior where the Set Exposure Value was active if an instance only had a single frame of exposure. As I said, it is a small thing , not a huge problem, but if it is possible to revert to the previous function of Set Exposure Value it fits my established workflow better. (and yes, I understand I can set a keyboard shortcut for Set Exposure Value , which will work even if the instance is only exposed for a single frame , but that is just one more keyboard shortcut I must remember and I grow weary from the many keyboard shortcut combinations I must already remember. If I could have this one small functionality restored to the right-click menu on the timeline I would appreciate it. )
Set Exposure Value function.png

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
slowtiger

Re: Set Exposure Value for a single instance

Post by slowtiger »

+1.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
NathanOtano

Re: Set Exposure Value for a single instance

Post by NathanOtano »

You can also use the "N" button in the handy custom panel and set it as a shortcut as a workaround
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.