Automatically deactivate PAPER after using Custom Brush

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
D.T. Nethery

Automatically deactivate PAPER after using Custom Brush

Post by D.T. Nethery »

I notice that when I use a custom brush which makes use of the Paper texture ,the Paper texture remains active after I deselect the custom brush and return to using a regular pen tool that does not have any texture. It is not difficult to turn off the Paper, but sometimes I forget to turn it off and it results in me drawing a stroke or two before I notice that Paper is still active, so I have to undo and redraw the stroke(s).

I think the behavior should be that when a custom brush (which uses Paper) is deselected then the Paper texture should be automatically deactivated.

This screencap shows the issue , but it does not only occur with this one brush ('Asaf Dry Brush') , it happens with other custom brushes which have Paper activated.

Paper remains activated after custom tool is deselected.jpg
(click the image to view it larger)

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Automatically deactivate PAPER after using Custom Brush

Post by Dean »

Hello David, I am adding this to the backlog immediately :)
Probably a vampire
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Same problem when switching to filled tools or eraser :) I agree that paper should follow the tool setting and that we don't want it always on
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

It has been added to the to-do list and yes it should take all tools into account :)
Probably a vampire