TVPaint lags if left open for too long (works fine after closing and re-opening)

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Joost

Re: TVPaint lags if left open for too long (works fine after closing and re-opening)

Post by Joost »

I also have this issue!
Enormous lags after my computer turns to sleep.

My solution: I always restart my Mac when I'm back after lunchtime...
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Xavier

Re: TVPaint lags if left open for too long (works fine after closing and re-opening)

Post by Xavier »

Thanks Joost for your tip !
Joost wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 08:12 Enormous lags after my computer turns to sleep.
ChristopherC wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 00:34 If i have TVPaint open for a long while (usually around 1 hour), the brush engine begins to lag like crazy. if i close and open the software again the issue goes away. I usually notice this if i leave TVPaint for a while, and upon switching back over to TVPaint, the lag is there, so i just quit and re-open to get things working normally.
Just a quick follow-up, it seems that there is an issue when the Cintiq is connected through USB-C.
Have you tried a more "old-school" setup with USB+HDMI ?
ChristopherC

Post by ChristopherC »

Xavier wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 08:07 Just a quick follow-up, it seems that there is an issue when the Cintiq is connected through USB-C.
Just gave my Cintiq Pro 24 (that's usually plugged in by USB-C) a try with HDMI and USB, no change to any of the lag behaviour at all. i've tried with the other second display un-plugged and running the sleep test, and the lag comes up the same. I tried it at multiple resolutions and no change to any of the lag issues :/
Joost

Post by Joost »

Xavier wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 08:07 Thanks Joost for your tip !
Joost wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 08:12 Enormous lags after my computer turns to sleep.
ChristopherC wrote: 15 Jun 2022, 00:34 If i have TVPaint open for a long while (usually around 1 hour), the brush engine begins to lag like crazy. if i close and open the software again the issue goes away. I usually notice this if i leave TVPaint for a while, and upon switching back over to TVPaint, the lag is there, so i just quit and re-open to get things working normally.
Just a quick follow-up, it seems that there is an issue when the Cintiq is connected through USB-C.

My continue is connected with and old USB and HDMI cable... So USB C not what is giving the issues probably.
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
swiftsketcher

Post by swiftsketcher »

Just wanted to bump to see if there was a solve or acknowledgement of this bug yet. It's been happening to me for years, also on Mac.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, we have recently solved a bug causing abnormal memory usage after a while, so your experience might be improved in the next update :)
Probably a vampire
swiftsketcher

Post by swiftsketcher »

Dean wrote: 08 Feb 2024, 09:09 Hello, we have recently solved a bug causing abnormal memory usage after a while, so your experience might be improved in the next update :)
Thank you for the response!

Is there any timeline for when the next update will launch?
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello Swifsketcher, you should hear about it quite soon ;)
Probably a vampire