Huioin Tablets

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Simon W Edmondson

Huioin Tablets

Post by Simon W Edmondson »

I am thinking of getting a HUION Kamvas 24 Plus to use with TVP. Does anybody have any experience with one of these relevant to the software, that they could share please ?
A review at Creative Blog praises the tablet, but does mention that it is sometimes difficult to setup with some software. Obviously I'd want to avoid that with TVP if there was a difficulty.
Thank you for your time and help.
simon
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Huioin Tablets

Post by Dean »

Hello Simon, Huion tablets were discussed on a few threads in the past: https://forum.tvpaint.com/search.php?keywords=huion
So far, our internal tests have been rather positive, but some older Huion models have difficulties working with TVPaint, so I wold advise that you go for a model which has launched let's say after 2020 to ensure maximum compatibility.
Probably a vampire
Simon W Edmondson

Re: Huioin Tablets

Post by Simon W Edmondson »

Dean
Thank you for your reply.
I looked a bit further and the current Tablets require OSX 10:12 ( according to details on Amazon) and the Mini the tablet was to be used on is only OSX10:8:5. I know upgrade is 'free' but, from experience, that size of upgrade in the OS often means losing compatibility with other software. Final Cut Pro and Logic would no longer work for example when my Imac went to OSX 10:14:4. The operating system upgrade might be free but, all the other ones get expensive.
regards
simon