Duplicate Layer with layer name + 1?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
rolandmessi

Duplicate Layer with layer name + 1?

Post by rolandmessi »

So I have a shortcut assigned for duplicating a layer and structure and renaming the layer and it looks like this in the Configure Keyboard Shortcuts Panel, And it kinda works, it duplicates the structure (with instances empty) and adds a new layer with the same name. But what I would really like, is if it added the new layer with an incremental number. For example my layer is named "Sketch 01", I press my shortcut key and TVP adds a layer named "Sketch 02". I press the shortcut key again, "Sketch 03", etc into oblivion.

(Or for that matter: "Sketch" > shortcut key > "Sketch 01" > shortcut key > "Sketch 02", etc into oblivion)

This should be possible, shouldn't it...? If so, the the big question is... But how?? :shock:
Does anybody have any advice?
D.T. Nethery

Re: Duplicate Layer with layer name + 1?

Post by D.T. Nethery »

rolandmessi wrote: 06 Mar 2023, 11:05 So I have a shortcut assigned for duplicating a layer and structure and renaming the layer and it looks like this in the Configure Keyboard Shortcuts Panel, And it kinda works, it duplicates the structure (with instances empty) and adds a new layer with the same name. But what I would really like, is if it added the new layer with an incremental number. For example my layer is named "Sketch 01", I press my shortcut key and TVP adds a layer named "Sketch 02". I press the shortcut key again, "Sketch 03", etc into oblivion.

(Or for that matter: "Sketch" > shortcut key > "Sketch 01" > shortcut key > "Sketch 02", etc into oblivion)

This should be possible, shouldn't it...? If so, the the big question is... But how?? :shock:
Does anybody have any advice?

Have a look here at a similar request. Apparently this issue with the Layer Presets has been around for a while

viewtopic.php?p=107690

And the custom panel posted here does what you want (generating layers: Sketch_01 , Sketch_02, Sketch_03, Sketch_04 , Sketch_05 , etc.)

viewtopic.php?p=107748#p107748

However, I would agree with the last post made in that thread which says: "I'd much rather see the bugs in the Layer Presets management panel fixed without the addition of yet another custom panel."

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1