scanner use on Mirage

You got a problem with Mirage or Aura ? Tell us here.
goshawn

scanner use on Mirage

Post by goshawn »

In the past I have used an iSight (webcam for the Mac) to film my animations on Mirage. However, i was wondering if a scanner can be used in Mirage (scan each image, then process them together to make a video)?
slowtiger

Re: scanner use on Mirage

Post by slowtiger »

On Windows, it is possible to directly grab scanner images. On Mac, you use the scanner with whatever program, number the images, and import them into Mirage.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
greeble

Post by greeble »

Mirage is very good for using scanned images- it has special clean up tools as well.
Though just tracing over the scans with the ol' wacom would probably be the best option.
Hey Slowtiger! fancy seeing you here- it's me.... you know... I'm in disguise....shhh. :wink:
Seeya back at lost marble.
Sequential offender
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Yeah, I recognized the vegetable ...*wink*

Can they say we both suffer from serious Polyapplicationery?
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Polyapplicationery is not one of the 4 million topics at Answer.com.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
greeble

Post by greeble »

Polyapplicationery? You can say that again, I'm getting an updatemectomy to cure my chronic budgetism. :|
Sequential offender
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

greeble wrote:... I'm getting an updatemectomy to cure my chronic budgetism. :|
:lol:
I can't believe you, regarding your avatar, you seem to be a professional, and not a bad one ...
for a professional, I mean a working professional, a licence cost is peanuts, (as you will get back
the money investement at your first job done and paid), imo, if you are working in 2D animation business,
the new features added since Mirage 1.5 (instances engine, rooms, ...) worth the upgrade price. :)
greeble

Post by greeble »

I mean a working professional, a licence cost is peanuts, (as you will get back
the money investment at your first job done),
I so wish that was true, but I work in Australia, where creative professionals are considered breakfast for producers and accountants and our entertainment industry is a disaster ATM. In fact , no I won't go into my woes about getting paid fairly and on time...if at all . Let's just say I am owed many thousands of dollars for this year alone.
Oh no I'm even bringing myself down. Back to the topic... scanners I think it was.
Sequential offender
Paul Fierlinger

Another question to the banana is, how do you expect the developers to keep on developing without an income? Think of 2D applications as a specialized boutique item that doesn't have a mass market to cater to. If you can't afford the boutique item, go next door to the budget supermarket and buy a can of Flash, like millions of other kids do. If you can't afford cake, eat factory made white bread.
Paul
greeble

Post by greeble »

You shouldn't eat cake all the time Paul, anyway I was talking about upgrades not initial purchase BTW.
Just as an aside, my twin brother has been working in the states for some time , work took me there briefly too. I noticed the pay rate was much more than double than in Australia and always on time ,the cost of living too was much less than half, so I can understand your perspective, you guys can have as much cake as you want.
I have never been accused of being stingy, most of the money I earned this year has gone on various software upgrades and initial purchases leaving only crumbs left for anything else.
I am going to spend big on my new girlfriend Maya this month, lets hope she puts out eh? :wink: whoops , did I really say that? :oops: Sorry.
There's another gravy train of updates, add them all up and your looking at a lot of Australian Pesos.
BTW Flash is actually both expensive and rubbish, for most 2D vector animation (not bitmap) Moho is usually the way to go.
Sequential offender
Paul Fierlinger

Healthy reply. :mrgreen:
Paul