How do I create backgrounds with Mirage

You got a problem with Mirage or Aura ? Tell us here.
JM07

How do I create backgrounds with Mirage

Post by JM07 »

I know this is basic, but I tried reading the manual, but to no avail.

The type of background I want to create has to extend beyond the frame, so I can scroll it in or out. The backgrounds I have created so far, with Mirage, can't be scrolled without it permenently vanishing when scrolled out of the frame.

I appreciate your help.

JM07
slowtiger

Re: How do I create backgrounds with Mirage

Post by slowtiger »

Create a new project in the dimensions of your background. Paint it. While this project is open, return to your animation project. Open FX stack, Keyframer. Use the BG project as source.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
JM07

Post by JM07 »

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

JM
JM07

Post by JM07 »

Well, I tried but failed to find what I was looking for. Under windows I found the FX Stack. I opened it and found at the top, an "Add FX" option, "Options" option, and "FXBin". So I opened "Add FX" and I see, Blur, color, distortion, keying, motion...." So I open up the Keying option and I read, advanced keyer, alpha control....etc.

So where do I go from here? I checked out the manual but search shows lots of results, but much to wade through. The manual is useless. It's just a big brochure that tells what you can do (and what it means) with Mirage without telling you how to do it.

You've been very helpful in the past, and I'm thankful, but my education level regarding this software is very deficient and any extra help is certainly appreciated. I think what I will do, if I get past this one, is make a clear education video on how to make and use backgrounds with Mirage, and post it so we can refer others to it when the question arises. I'll do this in appreciation of your effort.

Thanks for your help.

JM07
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hi JM07,

As said somewhere else, some video tutorials will be posted soon. It's just a matter of days. :)
Fabrice Debarge
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Open FX stack and select KeyFramer under Motion. This will serve your camera move needs. You will find two black tabs; Position and Render. Start with Render/Source/Project List, where you will see your BKG project. Select it. Create a new anim Layer where you wish your background to appear in your current project window.

Open Position Tab. Look at the bottom of the FX Panel to find Preview. Make the image in your project window smaller than the frame and you will see the yellow binding box. Place your cursor on the first frame of your camera move, then click on the C button next to the X and Y buttons. This will create your first key on your timeline.

Place your cursor now on the last frame of your presumed camera move. place your cursor on the center of your project window, in the little green square. Now drag that green square to where you want your background to stop. Look at your timeline and you will see that you now have a keyframe bar stretching between the two keys. Highlight those frames and press the long button at the bottom of the KF panel, called Apply FX Stack.

Hope this explains what you are looking for but it's just the start; there is so much more you can do with the Motion KF.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:... there is so much more you can do with the Motion KF.
and so much more without KF as well ! :wink: