keyframer tools

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
jasper23

keyframer tools

Post by jasper23 »

Hey I really love the new set up for the transformation and warp tools.
Is there a chance that in a future version these could be integrated into the keyframer fx?
As it is now, we can distort, lets say , a custom brush's height and width in key frames using the sliders. Would there be a way of doing this with control point boxes?
Thanks
Peter Wassink

Re: keyframer tools

Post by Peter Wassink »

You can do it now, but not with the keyframer. Instead use the wrapping Grid FX
set width and height to 2 and interpolation to linear.
now you can keyframe each corner point individually or use paths for them from the strokerecorder or pixeltracker.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

And thanks the wrapping grid, you can create "false 3D" : it looks like 3D, but It not 3D ^^
jasper23

Post by jasper23 »

yes, thanks, I played with it a bit last night.
It does do in more or less what I'm talking about, but I think there may be a more simple and direct way to handle it. Being able to choose a custom brush to manipulate would be nice, and I'd still rather have those control boxes to grab and move things.
I realize this sort of manipulation is one of the things that the vector based program's bread and butter, however TVP seems to be able to handle in similar ways and I think the interface could be a bit more intuitive.
I guess I'd like to get the more commonly used tools like keyframing, etc. out of the FX menu and with the other tools the way the new camera button is. Others would probably disagree, wanting to keep the windows out of the way, etc.
While I'm thinking of it, would it be possible to add an adjustable pivot point in future versions of the position control box?
Thanks,
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

jasper23 wrote: 23 Sep 2009, 21:16 While I'm thinking of it, would it be possible to add an adjustable pivot point in future versions of the position control box?
This feature has been implemented in TVPaint 11.7.1 (December 2022). The pivot point can now be set to a custom position by click-and-drag of the pivot point.
It is also keyframeable so the pivot point can shift during a move.

https://youtu.be/u9WSEWlBODk

(to view the video in Full Screen mode you must click through to view it on YouTube)

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1