Various stuff made with TVPaint

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Soom

Re: Various stuff made with TVPaint

Post by Soom »

remarkable as it is - rotoscoping kills the whole beauty of animation (basically it's not even animation), contrary to Bill Plympton, who brings animation to full life! I agree - the painting effect is well done, but could have been used on something more interesting.
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
fernando corrales

Post by fernando corrales »

Hello friends, a while ago I did this test, I had the intention of making a short film but it's on standby https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgPp8kEGAnM[youtube][/youtube]
Hi, my name is Fernando, I'm Peruvian and I love digital art, 2D animation, I've had the great opportunity to collaborate on a couple of films, I love doing my animations with TVPAINT and being here I hope we share this passion that we une, the animation
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

This is wonderful.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Benjamin Cerbai

Post by Benjamin Cerbai »

It looks awesome Fernando! :D
Benjamin Cerbai, illustrator and videographer.
Thierry74

Post by Thierry74 »

very nice !
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

Just a fun test at lunch time today.
Promise, someday I will do more character animation instead of these animated illustrations. :)
Falling04.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/9Vq20BYXI ... /giphy.gif
https://giphy.com/gifs/9Vq20BYXIHapdh6tLl/html5
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Gorgeous!
Probably a vampire
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

@ Dean, Thank you! Glad you like it!

Hello TVPaint fellows :)

If you have any tips or you have done this before, please let me know, thanks!
I have a wide angle-gadern scene I want to put together. The idea is to have all the flowers bloom at the same time (maybe offset a few). Is there any tips I can just animate one and duplicate it for the whole scene using FX menu? Because I want the scene to be really dense so I don't want to really go through the copy and paste method :/.

Best,
Lam Giang
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

This is one of the tasks where I'd like to be able to program. In the past, I'd done it in Flash. Now, I'd do it in Moho.

In TVP it's not so easy, but try this: do a square image with the blossoms seen from above, and make it repeating. Animate this square project with the opening blossoms. Create a new project with the dimensions of a multiple of the square. Use Keyframer to import the square several times (just change XY position) to fill the area. Merge all layers into one. Use Warp tool to change the top view of the blossoms to a side view in perspective.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

@slowtiger: Thanks! That's a really good tip!!! I understand your method in a big picture. I still need to work to figure out the details, l but that's already at a good position for me to start on this scene.

I was watching TVPaint youtube channel and a tutorials about generate rain splash https://docs.google.com/document/d/15U2 ... TtBTY/edit

I have options, thats always a good thing :)

Thank you so much for your help!
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

lam giang wrote: 15 Feb 2019, 19:26
I have a wide angle-gadern scene I want to put together. The idea is to have all the flowers bloom at the same time (maybe offset a few). Is there any tips I can just animate one and duplicate it for the whole scene using FX menu? Because I want the scene to be really dense so I don't want to really go through the copy and paste method :/.

You can also use the Particle FX for this.
Make one or a couple blooming animations your particle and after endless fidgeting with the hundreds of parameters you can have instant result. :P
i am serious though, (once you understand the basics of the parameter settings) you can achieve good results, in relative short time, especially if you need a lot of flowers in the frame.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
lam giang

Post by lam giang »

@Peter Wassink: Thanks for the tips.
Haven't have time to work on the concept for the past few months. But for sure, I will get back to it in the near future and try to understand the parameters setting bit more. Thanks for your tips!
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

lam giang wrote: 18 May 2019, 14:55 @Peter Wassink: Thanks for the tips.
Haven't have time to work on the concept for the past few months. But for sure, I will get back to it in the near future and try to understand the parameters setting bit more. Thanks for your tips!
These tutorials "Particle Magic" were done with TVPaint 9 , but nothing has really changed about the Particle FX from TVPaint 9 - to - TVPaint 10 - to - TVPaint 11, so these are still valid and quite helpful :

https://gumroad.com/l/tvpart

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
toonybrain

Post by toonybrain »

... these [tutorials] are still valid and quite helpful :
Thank you for that link, DT Nethery. I'm still mystified and intimidated by all the variables in particles, so this will surely help.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Elodie wrote: 09 Feb 2018, 18:27
(Question about another recent film: does anyone know if the hand drawn sequences in the new 'Paddington 2' movie were made with TVPaint ? Passion Pictures was the production studio for the hand drawn sequences.)
I've heard that it was the case, but I don't if it's true. :)
About the hand drawn sequences in "Paddington 2" , see this website:

https://robinpshaw.com/Paddington-2

Robin Shaw has worked on other productions that used TVPaint , such as Ethel and Ernest , We're Going on a Bear Hunt , The Tiger Who Came To Tea , so it seems likely.

Also , if you look around at various animator's websites/blogs or Linked-In accounts , it seems apparent that TVPaint was used for the hand drawn animation sequences in Paddington 2, for example:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andy-mcpherson-01aa2b1b
I have been working as a traditional 2d Animator since the early 90's. I have worked on feature films : The Illusioniste , Ethel and Ernest, Paddington 2. TV Shorts : Dreams and Desires- Family Ties, (Joanna Quinn), Zima Blue. TV Specials : We're Going On A Bear Hunt, The Tiger Who Came To Tea, etc.

I now work with TVPaint. I have over four years experience working digitally on Ethel and Ernest , We're Going on a Bear Hunt, and Paddington 2 , The Tiger Who Came To Tea, John Belushi documentary with animation directed by Robert Valley, plus Zima Blue for the Love Death +Robots series on Netflix , and several commercials and music videos.
Last edited by D.T. Nethery on 07 Feb 2021, 16:47, edited 2 times in total.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1