Multiplane Stage needs Minimize button Topic is solved

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
D.T. Nethery

Multiplane Stage needs Minimize button

Post by D.T. Nethery »

The screen can get quite crowded when the FX Stack > Multiplane Camera is open, with the Multiplane STAGE open .

I am requesting that the Multiplane Stage have a minimize button like other TVPaint windows/panels .

Elodie

Re: Multiplane Stage needs Minimize button

Post by Elodie »

Hmm, that should not be hard to do :)

I to do list it.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Elodie wrote:Hmm, that should not be hard to do :)

I to do list it.
I'm checking to see if this request is still on the To Do list and if it might be implemented soon ?

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Bump.

Any possibility that the Multiplane Camera Stage window could have minimize button added ?

------

Also , related to this request : Can the Multiplane Stage be improved to REMEMBER how it was set up the last time it was opened ? As it is now if I have the "I" (Show Images) turned on in the Camera and Perspective view, if I close the Multiplane Stage (which I must , without a minimize button) when I re-open it the "I" (Show Images) is turned off and I have to click the "I" again to show the images . Not a big deal, but a mild annoyance that it doesn't remember that I had the Show Images enabled . With a minimize button to keep the Stage window open/active , but minimized , this would not be a problem

Notice that previously I had Show Images turned on and I had the upper right panel set to "Camera" view ,
but now when I re-open the Stage it has reverted to "Front" view and Show Images is turned off.

Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

D.T. Nethery wrote:Any possibility that the Multiplane Camera Stage window could have minimize button added ?
D.T. Nethery wrote:Also , related to this request : Can the Multiplane Stage be improved to REMEMBER how it was set up the last time it was opened ? As it is now if I have the "I" (Show Images) turned on in the Camera and Perspective view, if I close the Multiplane Stage (which I must , without a minimize button) when I re-open it the "I" (Show Images) is turned off and I have to click the "I" again to show the images . Not a big deal, but a mild annoyance that it doesn't remember that I had the Show Images enabled . With a minimize button to keep the Stage window open/active , but minimized , this would not be a problem.
These requests are in our todo-list, but I can't guarentee when it will be done though.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 16 Dec 2015, 18:24 Bump.

Any possibility that the Multiplane Camera Stage window could have minimize button added ?

------

Also , related to this request : Can the Multiplane Stage be improved to REMEMBER how it was set up the last time it was opened ? As it is now if I have the "I" (Show Images) turned on in the Camera and Perspective view, if I close the Multiplane Stage (which I must , without a minimize button) when I re-open it the "I" (Show Images) is turned off and I have to click the "I" again to show the images . Not a big deal, but a mild annoyance that it doesn't remember that I had the Show Images enabled . With a minimize button to keep the Stage window open/active , but minimized , this would not be a problem

Notice that previously I had Show Images turned on and I had the upper right panel set to "Camera" view ,
but now when I re-open the Stage it has reverted to "Front" view and Show Images is turned off.

I think this is done. David, can you please confirm with the latest beta ? (no need to re-download, I've also seen it in older versions)
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Yes , this was added some time ago.

esifosil

Post by esifosil »

Hello, I have another problem with multiple stages. It somehow zoomed in and I do not know how to zoom out again. As you mentioned, it is each time the way it was set up, so it does not solve by closing the program. what should I do?
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-02-09 085019.png
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

esifosil wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 08:01 Hello, I have another problem with multiple stages. It somehow zoomed in and I do not know how to zoom out again. As you mentioned, it is each time the way it was set up, so it does not solve by closing the program. what should I do?
The screengrab you posted above shows the default set up of the multiplane camera. It's not zoomed-in.

I can see the stage is empty , but I wonder if that is because there is nothing loaded into the Source for the Multiplane ? What is selected in the Source tab under Planes?

Multiplane.png

But the problem seems to be that on your Multiplane Stage View it is just completely blank, you don't see the Camera interface , is that correct ?
I tried to reproduce the problem by moving the Zoom (Z) button in and out and also grabbing the Camera and moving it in and out , but you can see
in the attached video that even with the zooming-in and out I can still see something on the stage.

I would advise posing a NEW topic under Technical Support so the TVPaint Tech Support are more likely to see it and respond to your issue. (this older topic was about an issue that has been resolved and is less likely to be seen as it has a green checkmark on the topic, which means Resolved. )
Attachments
ZoomFacctor_TVPaint_Multiplane.mov
(4.07 MiB) Downloaded 361 times

D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 09 Feb 2023, 13:31 I tried to reproduce the problem by moving the Zoom (Z) button in and out and also grabbing the Camera and moving it in and out , but you can see
in the attached video that even with the zooming-in and out I can still see something on the stage.
On further consideration, I think I can figure out what might have happened in your case. See this second screencapture video attached below.
I hope this helps . Let me know if this resolves your problem.

Attachments
Multiplane_Camera_issue.mov
(20.04 MiB) Downloaded 357 times