In this blog post, you will learn how to install TVPaint Animation in a few easy steps. Note that this guide is only meant for users of a dematerialized TVPaint license (that is to say, without any dongle/USB key).
The installation and license activation processes are roughly the same for all operating systems:
- Download TVPaint from your user account
- Install TVPaint
- Activate your license
But first, let’s see what we are referring to when talking about the following things.
• Dongleless license: a TVPaint license which doesn’t rely on a USB key dongle to work.
• License Depot: a web page from which you can activate or deactivate your license from. A link to it is to be found in the email you have received following your purchase.
• CodeMeter: the dongleless license’s driver. It is needed for the dongleless version of TVPaint to work and is provided within the installer you will have downloaded from your user account. Do no download CodeMeter from another source.
Installing TVPaint on Windows (dongleless licenses only):
We recommend watching this video tutorial below to install TVPaint on Windows. It covers the license’s activation part as well:
If you prefer to read, you can follow those pages of our online documentation to install TVPaint and activate your license on Windows:
Installing TVPaint on macOS (dongleless licenses only):
We recommend watching this video tutorial below to install TVPaint on macOS. It covers CodeMeter’s installation and the license’s activation part as well:
If you prefer reading to watching, you can follow those pages of our online documentation to install TVPaint and activate your license on macOS:
Installing TVPaint on Linux (dongleless licenses only):
Linux users of RPM and Deb packages can find installation instructions for the dongleless system on the following pages of our online documentation:
-Download the software
-Install the software (Linux)
-Register the software
• CodeMeter is automatically installed on Windows along with TVPaint but it must be installed separately on macOS and Linux systems (we provide CodeMeter’s installer within TVPaint’s installation package, please don’t install it from another source). You won’t be able to launch TVPaint without installing CodeMeter. You also won’t be able to activate or deactivate your license if CodeMeter hasn’t been installed.
• File-based transfer issue: a file-based license transfer is a special activation process appearing when CodeMeter hasn’t been installed on your computer or is not fully detected by your system yet. You should not go through such a file-based process to activate your license. Please read this page from our online documentation to solve this problem.
• License status is ‘not completed’: this happens when a license’s activation process doesn’t successfully complete. However, it is relatively easy to solve as you can see by reading this page of our online documentation.
I have another problem:
If you are encountering any other issue than the ones listed above, please contact our support team here so we can help you further. Don’t forget that we will need some information about your operating system and its version so we can help you faster.
Can I migrate my TVPaint 11 dongle-based license to the dongleless licensing system?
Yes, of course! Please contact us through this form and give us your dongle number so we can move your current dongle-based license to this new system 🙂